Saturday, July 18, 2009

The New Ward Primary President

Since me and my mom became members of the Church I held many positions or callings in the Church such as Stake Genealogy Staff (in Kalibo), then when we transferred here in Jaro, Iloilo I was called as the Ward Youth Teacher(Jaro 1), then Ward Missionary(Jaro 2), Ward Relief Society Teacher (Jaro 2). Then today I was surprised to be called again by our bishop in his office. I thought he would call me the youth teacher since they lack one Sunday School teacher in the said organization. I was so shocked when he told me that he was inspired to call me the Ward Primary President. I was at loss of words to say and failed to respond right away because I know that I will be guiding and handling the affairs of the most valiant future generation of the Lord's kingdom. I never hesitated with my other callings because I always believe that the Lord believes in me. In this case I thought about the many responsibilities I will need to attend to since the Primary has regular practice every Saturday for their presentations and activities. Aside from that they will need to memorize the Articles of Faith. I told myself I haven't event memorized it myself. Teaching the Relief Society sisters was pretty easy for me because they could understand me pretty well. Then I thought about those pretty little kids running and so full of energy, I couldn't imagine handling them. But they our bishop just kept on encouraging me that the Lord trusts me with the said responsibility. Really I feel so inadequate, but then I know the Lord is on my side to guide me what to do.

I always feel so assured with the words in the Excerpts from Three Addresses by President Wilford Woodruff Regarding the Manifesto:
"The Lord will never permit me or any [man] who stands as President of this Church to lead you astray. It is not in the programme. It is not in the mind of God. If I were to attempt that, the Lord will remove me out of my place..."

Just as how comforting such phrase was during my meditation about the Prophet, it has also gave the same comfort when I thought about how would I guide and lead the marvelous little children of God. Many members expressed their gladness about my call. Until now I'm still a little worried but I know that the Lord will help me. I know it's my preparation for my call of being a mother someday. I am grateful for the call now that I realize how wonderful it is to be with those angelic creatures and how great it is to become an instrument in their learning stage. It's critical but it's important. It's challenging but fulfulling. I'm grateful to be called the Ward Primary President. Two of my wonderful friends, Sister Bernice and Sister Jenny were also called and they're glad they were. I know I can make it too. The Lord knows, and that's all that matters.

Now, more than anything, I am excited to help these future leaders of the Church in their journey.

Share/Save/Bookmark

5 comments:

  1. added you. thanks. add me too and do subscribe to my rss to help support my blog thanks

    http://wuhtevah.chitgoks.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello, lain nga blog ang gin hatag sa akon ni mary jane.

    ari ang ginhatag ya oh, http://jonharules.blogspot.com/

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I must say, this blog is much much different from the one MJ gave me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damu ko dan blog fren, daw spiritual blog ko ni ya. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi, salamat daghan sa visit ha; oo lds sad ko :-).

    ReplyDelete